I’ve always been pretty obsessed with skincare, dating back to seeing ads for Neutrogena Facial Bars in every magazine that I ready when I was 13 years old. While I was lucky enough to bypass the acne stage, I was aware of the importance in developing a routine and being consistent with it each day.
While over the years, the products may have changed, the general gist of the routine has pretty much remained the same and it works really well for me.
- I start out using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I love that this formula is so gentle that you can use it around the eyes without any burning at all. Twice per week, I add a squeeze of St. Ives Apricot Scrub in with the cleanser to exfoliate.
- After that, I saturate a cotton with Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent and swipe it all over my face. It leaves a slightly cool, tingly feeling which makes my skin feel super clean. (Tip: my favorite cottons to use are the Shiseido Facial Cottons which are super soft but won’t absorb all of your product before you can use it)
- Next, I use witch hazel as a toner (here, you’ll see TN Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Towelettes but you can always buy a bottle of witch hazel and use it with a cotton)
- To moisturize, I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for All Skin Types. During the winter, I mix this with a dab of raw shea butter which can be purchased at most local beauty supply stores.
- As an added benefit, I use a purifying mask with red clay by First Aid Beauty. This is a peel off mask that helps to reduce the appearance of pores while it detoxifies and purifies the skin.
This may seem like a lot but once you get into the habit, it takes just a few minutes to get through these steps. I have been using this particular roundup of products for at least 5 years now with the exception of the mask which I have been using for about 1 year.
What are your go to products for healthy skin? I’d love to hear all about it.